Menu

Saturday, December 2, 2017

RIO IS HAPPY WHEN I WELCOME HAPPY PEOPLE - THANKS LANE


There is a word in English that I like very much, "foodie"...There is nothing wrong to be "foodie" despite all the media cries about health food, we are all concerned about having everything "organic", but in all planet, we know some special local secrets, places that make your trip unique. Such as...the touristic wave never goes to OPUS, a very old and traditional bar in the heart of downtown Rio, they have the best sandwich in town.


A food that comes with tradition, history, and experience, is really something that we have to take seriously. Opus Bar is a wonderful happy hour meeting place at Gonçalves Dias Street 80...Simple but warm environment, the staff always welcome you with a big smile on the face. They have all kind of sandwiches, but the main one is with PERNIL (porc) with an onion sauce, garlic and the size, I must say, the size is huge! So tasty, unique....


Yes....they are another attraction...delicious cold beer and food made by the hand of someone who works with love, just like I use in my tours, and I was honored to welcome my friend Lane, from Seattle, in his short visit to Rio. 


And when I have a guest who is passionate about photography, and the guide is crazy about it too, the result is incredible images were taken in everywhere we go. So with people like Lane, Rio is always stunning!

You can join us too and help me writing our adventure in Brazil!

Rafael Torres Lopes

No comments: