Menu

Saturday, December 9, 2017

PARATY - ALWAYS NICE TO BE BACK - NEW PLACE TO EXPLORE


I love traveling, mixing with different cultures and dealing with a universe of so many different personalities. Thanks to my work, I meet all kind of people and most of them become friends for life, this is the magic of my work. 

Yes, I am a tour guide but it is more than that...you get a big task...making sure to fulfill lots of expectations...

I am back to Paraty, one of the most fascinating places in the State of Rio, our amazing historical town with a lot of legends, facts of our past...the relationship between Europe and the New World. 

Paraty uses its past for you to understand your present, and teaches you how to keep everything intact for the future because this blessed place has history, nature, and leisure.

I love Paraty...


I started this post with an indigenous cacique hat, and the owner of this hat belongs to a native nation called Pataxó, they were here way before this lovely Santa Rita Church was built in the 1600s. 


Oh yeah, many different nations, from the Amazon (where I am going this January) to the coast, they are present, and this time in Paraty I could introduce these sweet people to myUruguayann guests!!! The tribe leader Kashu kindly took us to understand their way of life and we could learn more about the simple and fascinating habits in a location that I have never visited before called SERTÃO DO IRIRI


Life is simple and good in the wilderness of Brazil, not so far from Rio you find people of gold!!! They are our main treasure and I am happy to be with them and allow you to experience the "raw" Brazil. I just need to apologize for my frog face...well, I am not a model, I am just a blog writer, a traveler and a tour guide....


There is one sentence in Spanish like LA FARRA URUGUAYA, that means THE URUGUAYAN WAY OF PARTY, and it is really a happening when I meet these people who saw me since I was a little kid, and they came to me as guests, so the least I could do was providing the best of my land, this is why I chose Paraty, one of my favorite places to have fun. 

Muchas Gracias, Susana, Javi, Roberto, Tere...this golden people from Malvin, Montevideo. 

Our first day we visited the RAFA'S PLACES...spots that I love going like Tarituba, visiting indigenous tribes and the mountains of Bocaina. With me they saw exactly what the Portuguese Navigators witnessed in the first visit to the new land. 


And I could never end this post without mentioning the incredible help of my friends Thiago Nadur and Karina, they are the staff of the hostel I am in...I decided to stay at PARATY ECO HOSTEL because of their VEGAN PHILOSOPHY...not even the food, but it seems to be everything vegan here, and I just want to learn a healthier way to live life and certainly these people are a great inspiration, yesterday we cooked some jackfruits to make some snacks for this evening. 

Instagram - @paratyecohostel

And Paraty continues...I will be back to Rio next monday...

Rafael Torres Lopes
Tour Guide and Travel Planer

Email: brazilrafario@gmail.com


No comments: