Menu

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

ILHA GRANDE - A DAY TRIP TO REMEMBER


Fun fun fun!!! THIS IS ILHA GRANDE, wow...I know it is work but you know me, the delicate line between leisure and work follows me all the time, and this island is my place of total pleasure. No matter if I am on holidays or when I organize tours there!

Ilha Grande means "paradise", this is the meaning of this place for me...It is not far from Rio so we can have a day trip exploring the beaches, taking speedboats to see secluded inlets like Lagoa Azul or Lagoa Verde. 



When you find something amazing in your life, it takes a little effort, right???

Okay, so be prepared to wake up very early, we have to be at the main pier at 8:00 am, so we need to leave Rio at least by 6 in the morning. But this sacrifice will take you to one of the most stunning places in the entire Brazil. More than 101 beaches, trails in the jungle, one mineral water pool in the forest, some other falls in the way. Nature in virgin state...so you should never miss this awesome place if I give you a suggestion about what to do in Rio when you visited the whole city...LET'S GO TO ILHA GRANDE!!!



If you are the kind of person who thinks: Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees...then we should go to the island RIGHT NOW!!! :)

Ilha Grande lives in my heart! When I am there, I feel my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, 'This is what it is to be happy and I need to share this happiness with you!





When I say, "um Rio gostoso pra voce", that means a delicious Rio for you, I want to give you a different way to look to Rio. You know, more than a guide, I am a facilitator, so be sure you will have loads of fun and get to the island in the cheapest way possible!!!


I have an advice for you, we can perfectly have one day on the island, we get there in the morning and take the last boat back to the continent in a location called CONCEIÇÃO DO JACAREI, which is the best starting point if you want to go to Ilha Grande, once we get there, we will have three options:

OPTION ONE - We will get to the island and explore Abraão Village which has pleasant beaches, a slow pace of life, lots of nature and we will see a mineral water pool which is called POÇO, we will choose a quiet place for lunch and we will have a great day!

OPTION TWO - A schooner will be waiting for us at 10:00 am and take us to some beaches, the boat will stop at a nice beach for lunch but we will share the boat with more than 20 people (sometimes more), it is fun, but if you want some privacy, this will NOT work for you. Still not an expensive option.

OPTION THREE - it will give you privacy, lots of quality in your day, it will optimize your time and you will see more places, it will be a little bit more expensive but we will have a speedboat that we will share with at least 10 people and we will have more flexibility to choose a place for lunch and we will enjoy the island much more!






Let me tell you one thing, and you know, all my advices come from my heart and my experience as a traveller, get prepared to spend at least one night in Ilha Grande, I will help you choosing a nice place to stay, the island is packed with pleasant, comfortable and great POUSADAS (it is a mix of cottages and bed&breakfast) which are not expensive, with a good 60 USD or less you can spend the night there. 

With one day more in the island we can take the amazing trails that will take us to ADAN AND EVE paradises like Dois Rios, Santo Antonio beach or even the famous Lopes Mendes where we can chill out like the first portuguese navigators. 

Well, I can make it possible, all you have to do is writing to me, check my email below. 

RAFAEL TORRES LOPES
Tour Guide and Travel Planner

brazilrafario@gmail.com

No comments: