Menu

Sunday, September 10, 2017

FRANCOPHONE MEETING IN RIO DE JANEIRO - A LONG THERM RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FRANCE AND BRAZIL AND I LOVED IT! :)


NEWS FROM RAFA IN RIO DE JANEIRO - A VERY SPECIAL AFTERNOON IN MARAPENDI WETLANDS

Good Evening Dear Readers, this is how I normally start when I send email messages to my guests and friends all over the World, and I must thank you for writing to me so often, I deeply appreciate it. 

But I have to write about this wonderful news...I just had a close friends lunch on one of the most hidden gems of Rio, a wetland region in Barra da Tijuca called MARAPENDI (yes, if you hire me as a guide, certainly I will take you there. 

We had a day off, and my good friend, actually one of the closest friends I have, she is like a sister to me, Grazi, suggested us to have a lunch together with her family, husband Alan, Mother, another good friend Rosina, and Father, Bertrand, wonderful friend and my everlasting partner Marcone Lima (who is also a Guide). Grazi told us about a super trendy restaurant on the water called LAGUNA - check their website - http://www.restaurantelaguna.com.br/ - 

The ambiance is sooo greenish, all surrounded by many tropical species, we could eat listening to the birds, amazing conversation and we are sure that France and Brazil will always be on the top of any agenda. And they are our friends from such a long time. I must thank for this lovely and very kind invitation. 


The images cannot tell you how delicious all those dishes are, the Brazilian way of preparing sea food, and we had the famous BOBO DE CAMARAO.

It is one of my favorite stews: The rich BOBO DE CAMARAO or Shrimp in Creamy Yuca Sauce. Just as any other dish from Afro-Brazilian cuisine, BOBÓ has a soul!!!

It originates from Bahia, the state with the largest number of Black African descendants. Unique like its people, Bahia has the most exquisite cuisine in Brazil, which evolved when cooks improvised on both traditional African and Portuguese recipes by using locally available ingredients. Its differences from all of the other regional cuisines of Brazil set it apart completely.

Like most dishes from Bahian Cuisine, BOBÓ is prepared with the three ingredients referred to as the "HOLY TRINITY OF BAHIAN CUISINE" - coconut milk, malagueta pepper (its heat level is about the same as Tabasco), dende oil (a heavy oil extracted from the fruits of an  African palm tree, that adds flavor and also a bright orange coloring to the foods)



Our big thanks to this wonderful family which we know for many years, love grows, understanding and respect continues. We had a fantastic time at Laguna's, come and join us to a wonderful and hidden Rio that you have no idea that it exists. 

I am ready, lots of love, 

Rafael Torres Lopes
Tour Guide and Travel Planner

No comments: