Menu

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

VISITING RIO - THE CLASSICS AND SOME AMAZING HIDDEN PLACES - DAY ONE


I agree, dear Reader, when we think about Rio, the open arms of the Christ comes to our mind and this is really a must see. Where in the world you are welcome by Jesus ready to give you a hug???

And yes, we are huggers, do not be surprised when you meet a brazilian and this person will open the arms to give you a hug. This is how we are, WE LOOK IN THE EYES, we easily give you large smiles, we love to meet people and we love to hug and kiss. A hand shaking is not (and never sufficient). So we will visit the Christ and the Christ will be present in our ONE DAY TWO and TWO DAYS TOUR.


When you meet me, you will quickly notice that I do not want to be just a TOUR GUIDE, noooooo, I want to be more than that. My big passion is giving you the broad and unforgettable experience. Rio has the classics, like the Christ, Sugar Loaf or Copacabana...Come on, this is just the salad....

I WANT TO GIVE YOU THE MAIN COURSE, I WANT TO GIVE YOU THE PAELLA!!! HAHAHA 

So in this journey, you will see more or the city. As I always say...RIO HAS A BODY and a SOUL, I want you to dive profoundly in the soul of Rio, so we will see a marvelous and big masterpiece made by one man, the colorful steps of our dear Selaron and we will have fun in one of the oldest districts of Rio, the bohemian Santa Teresa with its amazing street art, very colorful, food festivals and traditional Portuguese restaurants with the best of Brazilian Food (which is another cool attraction of Rio) and also a chance to know more about the colonial architecture and stunning views of our Bay


Rio is blessed by Mother Nature, and there are so many unique spots where my people simply have a ball, during this day we will see part of the Tijuca Forest. We love saying that it's our lung!! :) Fresh air, lush green corners, some animals and lots of big smiles to see the best places of Rio. Most of those places the tourists never reach because of the difficult access; but I deal with travelers (I never see you as TOURIST) and we are moved by curiosity, so in one day we will see much more and one of my best-kept secrets is TIJUCA FOREST.


I am sure when you travel, you will look for a lot of outdoor activities, and this exactly what I want to give you. We will have time to explore places where just locals go, the private beach of Joa that still keeps the wild taste, dramatic cliffs and gorgeous sea; and the picturesque neighborhood of Marapendi which has several islands that we can visit and watch closely the daily life of our people; in a simple boat ride we can see animals, stop in incredible restaurants and understand why we love our city so much. 



If you are reading this posting, it means that you already know me, or you are looking for a tour guide in Rio or you saw in any of internet spots about my blog. It is a space I have to share cool information about what to do in Rio, the places I love to go, the places I love to promote. So this is me, Rafa, a tour guide for 18 years and because of that, I became an INFORMAL AMBASSADOR for all great travelers in the Globo. I am here to make Rio very special for you. 

More than a tour guide, I want to be your friend in Rio, the rest of Brazil and the whole South America where I am also a guide, and always pleased to help you plan a very complete trip in South America. I am proud to belong to this Continent, so for everything you need when BRAZIL comes to your mind please do remember this old friend who will be very happy to assist you.

Much love, 

Rafael Torres Lopes
Tour Guide and Travel Planner

More info, please write to brazilrafario@gmail.com

No comments: