Menu

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

VISITING RIO - ENJOYING THE PLACE LIKE CARIOCAS DO - YES - SUGAR LOAF IS INCLUDED!!!! :)))))


Yes Sir, another iconic place of Rio, the Sugar Loaf, we all know it as PÃO DE AÇUCAR which literally means a "Sweet Hill". This is how the first Portuguese named the amazing mountain they saw from miles in the Ocean.

Cable cars are used to get to the two hills, the Urca Hill which you should NOT explore first, and finally, you take another cable car to the last hill, the real Sugar Loaf; this is where I usually go first because the views from there are superb, so for sure we will go there. Especially if we have two days to explore Rio!

NOTE: If we have just one day, we are not visiting the Sugar Loaf because we have much more places to see in Rio and if you have more days, it is very easy to go on your own. BUT IF WE HAVE TWO DAYS, then we can go, no problem. But stay tuned for my next paragraph.... JUST PAY ATTENTION:

MARK MY WORDS: NITEROI - A BIG SURPRISE OF YOUR TRIP IN RIO



No other place in Rio you can have such an image...And Niteroi holds much more. 

Okay, now tell me...when you are thinking about going to Rio, have you ever heard about NITEROI????

Big mistake not to think about it...your incredible photos will be taken there, Niteroi is a vivid part of Rio. It is an escape for all people in Rio who look for quiet and privacy, we use Niteroi to be away from the big URBE (big city).

Just like the translation says, Niteroi means hidden waters, from the ocean you do not see the city, the mountains hide small paradises that I am here to take you and this will be an A PLUS in your plans regarding your first trip to Rio. 

It is good that Niteroi is not popular but it is exactly like the relationship between NEW YORK and NEW JERSEY, or SAN FRANCISCO and OAKLAND; or from the Aussie point of view...something like MELBOURNE and GEELONG.

So if I suggest you in my first message to you, believe me: WE ARE GOING TO NITEROI!!!


I am sorry, maybe I am not normal, I am just Rafa...Niteroi provokes your creativity, Niteroi is futuristic and teaches the country how to combine style and quality of life. Niteroi is one of Niemeyer's favorite places so he gifted the city with the best of this amazing architecture like the MAC MUSEUM, more than a museum it is a landmark that will give you breathtaking views of Rio and Niteroi itself.

Rio and Niteroi is a perfect combination to feed our hearts with fun and leisure.



It is impossible not to love Niteroi, my german friend (and guest) Jen loooooved the city and we explore so many unusual places together, he brought his lovely wife Roxi that introduced Niteroi with her romanian side, and I love to make Niteroi an international point for curious travelers. Only in Niteroi we have unique views to Rio, we share the same bay (the magical GUANABARA BAY)



Think about BEACHES in Rio, can you name some???

No doubt you will say...COPACABANA...for sure you will say IPANEMA...if you go deep in your research you will find LEBLON...Good, that's it. 

BUT WHAT A HEC IS ITACOATIARA???? Yes....Itacoatiara, this name will never be on your list, but this is the big secret I will happily tell you...not far from Rio we have amazing spots where you will see places just like the Portuguese navigators saw for the first time, and NITEROI IS FILLED WITH SURPRISES!!!



And to end this post with style, NITEROI has the unknown PARQUE DA CIDADE, a place that you will see it is simply way more complete than the Sugar Loaf and the Christ altogether. 

So please, I hate to interfere in your plans, but as a BRAZIL's expert, I strongly suggest you...DO NOT IGNORE NITEROI, this could be the highlight of your trip.

It is easier to ask me which place I DID NOT VISIT in Brazil, and Niteroi is present in my top five favorite places!

SO IF YOU HAVE ONE DAY IN RIO, WE WILL GO TO NITEROI, IF YOU CHOOSE TWO DAYS IN RIO, NITEROI WILL BE A GOOD PART OF OUR LIST!!!



My name is Rafael, guests and good friends call me Rafa, and you will meet me in your tours in Rio because I will love to show you unique, classical and different places. I am a registered tour guide for 18 years now and I think my real goal in life is helping travel business in Brazil, and you are the only one who can always giove me inspiration to go on. Thank you dear Reader to follow my blog and keep visiting because once in a while I will be updating, always showing you new places and ideas about anything that happens in Rio, the rest of Brazil and the whole South America. In few words, I am honored to be brazilian and very proud to make my land easier for you!

WITH LOTS OF LOVE, I REMAIN, 

Rafael Torres Lopes
Tour Guide and Travel Planner

For more info, please write to me, brazilrafario@gmail.com



No comments: