Menu

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

RAFA IN IPANEMA


Hey Mr. Reader...this is Ipanema...famous beach in Rio where the local fashion dictates their way of life to all over Brazil. When we think about Rio, we do think about Ipanema, and it is right, part of the city's spirit you can feel it there...it is the territory where the beauties want to be seen and see beauties...well, I know, I do not belong to this group but when I need to go to the beach and I do not want to go so far, this is where I go!!!


When we have a common agenda where we are free, we always try to do things together, and because of the heat we decided to go to the nearest water. More than 40 celcius outside and the water a little bit warm, but we need to get some fresh water and being in the sea this is what we love. 

Ipanema is also the birth place of the World Famous Rhythm Bossa Nova, lots of the main songs were composed there, such as the famous GAROTA DE IPANEMA written by Tom Jobim and Vinicius de Morais. 

THE GIRL FROM IPANEMA

With just one click you will see exactly the moment when Bossa Nova became famous with the voice of Frank Sinatra and Tom Jobim at Madison Square Garden, actually I heard that this wonderful music hall is about to close...is that true???

Anyway...the World discovered that Rio is a must go city and Brazil a country that you have to visit in the list of fantastic trips of your life!


Naturally, I am always with my camera in hand to register some images of my Rio de Janeiro. You know photograph is one of my hobbies, so it is a pleasure for me to share where my eyes look to....Ipanema and the Two Brothers Hill (yes it is not the Sugar Loaf as a lot of people say!!!!

As Ipanema is very close to another great neighborhood in Rio, I also walked around the beautiful Lagoon, oficially named Rodrigo de Freitas, but we all know it as LAGOA...Always a great thing to do going there with my friends Noeme and Sonia...they are also part of my family, they are my cousins.


Just want to show you how special is Rio and I am sure we will have a great time together. Ipanema and Lagoa are places where you can easily go my yourself. It is not so far from the hotel you are staying and it has easy walking distance from places to places.

Rafael Torres Lopes
Tour Guide and Travel Planner

No comments: