Menu

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

LONG LINES FOR THIS HIGH SEASON - SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE CHRIST AND THE SUGAR LOAF


Yes...the Christ is famous and The Christ is a big friend of Rio and everywhere you go in the city you will always see our ICON with arms wide open telling you that you are very welcome in the city. But big icons are very visited and Rio is always on People's mind when they choose a place to go.

For me the big five icons in the World are:

THE CHRIST
THE "LIBERTY LADY"
THAT IRONED TOWER IN THE CENTER OF PARIS
THE CLOCK THAT IS NEVER LATE IN LONDON
AND THAT FLAT MOUNTAIN TOP IN CAPE TOWN...

So you have to expect huge lines and there will be no way to avoid a lot of time waiting under the heat...So when you think about having a tour in one day in Rio just consider that you will be waiting  a lot, and no guides can make it easier for you because it is not our fault that the city is not prepared for at least give us options.

So if you have more than one day...maybe going to the Christ by yourself can be the best idea and let me take you to the unique places of Rio, to the secrets, to the hidden pearls, to places that hardly any people go and you will have an authentic experience!

But I am not saying that I WILL NOT take you there, I am just giving you FOOD FOR THOUGHTS to make your trip to Rio perfect!


Oh yes...this is how Rio drives me crazy!!! I love this city!!! :)))))))

Heheheheheh one of the first things I write when I write to my guests for the first time is that I am not only a guide in Rio...I am your friend in Rio and I love being in a great vibe and energy and my work is a total fun. I really love what I do...

Anyway...the same suggestion that I gave in the very start of this posting, goes to the Sugar Loaf and lines can be terrible during the weekends. Sundays and Saturdays are the worst days to visit either the Christ or the Sugar Loaf, unless if you go very early in the morning. We may start the tour by 8:00 am.

Rio has so many incredible places and the city will be always the main door of Brazil.

RAFAEL TORRES LOPES
Tour Guide and Travel Planner

No comments: