Menu

Sunday, February 24, 2013

THE TRAVELLER EYES IN BLACK AND WHITE

Dear Reader. You know that I love taking photos and I am not professional at all but I like making art with my images, and this morning as you could follow in my posting below...I was wondering for almost two hours seeing so many life happening in less than three blocks in the outskirts of São Cristovão, not far from the port.

I am always happy to share with you and you please make comments because I really want to make it better and better! Black and white pictures make you see a sort of real movement, it is hard to explain...


Urban chaos...colonial architecture...São Cristovão has a massive portuguese community...In Rio every bakery owner is portuguese...and old portuguese people full of stories to tell...

It is not a place where you will see natural beauties but you will know more about daily life in Rio...


For photography's lover like I am...strolling around the neighborhoods of Rio is a real playground, but always do it with someone you know and this person has to know exactly where to go and when to go, not all the places in Rio are okay for someone who do not know the language...


This is the bridge that takes you to the international airport Tom Jobim.


Thank you for reading my blog and to see all my photos...I love to make you know more and more about my land, my culture and my people!

Rafael Torres Lopes
Tour Guide and Travel Planner

No comments: