Menu

Friday, June 4, 2010

MY CONECTIONS WITH INDIA - BAL CAME HERE AND LOVED IT - OUR DAY AT PÃO DE AÇUCAR

I am very lucky to welcome guests from India, they come alone, they come with their families, sometimes couples, but they always come looking for my tours! It is a country that I full admire and would love to visit!

The conexions I have with India are deep and gave me a lot of friends. Indian people from all over the World come to Rio and I have to thank the sacred system of word of mouth that keep me so present in the mind and memory of so many wonderful people!

One day I will visit the paradise coast of Kerala, I am sure I will have lots of fun with the warm people from Goa, the forests and mountains of Kashmir, the the savannahs of Gir, the interesting confusion of Mumbay, and the myst of Taj Majal in Accra, the whole country is interesting. India has a fantastic influence in the list of so many places that I dream to visit!!!

While I do not go to India, I do my best to make Rio de Janeiro their homes!




Bal is a brilliant traveller who lives in England, she came here to visit Rio de Janeiro and experience the city, something that I always do is taking my guests to very unique places and also taking them to famous places that we all know about Rio, like the beaches of Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon; the Botanical Garden, the Christ on the top of Corcovado Hill and the Sugar Loaf!!! But a visit to Sugar Loaf under my care will take the visitors to some light hikings in the forests where I can explain about many type of plants, birds and other animals!

The access to one of the most interesting places of Rio de Janeiro is NOT so easy for brazilians because of the fee costs, a little bit high for brazilian standards, but quite affordable for foreign visitors and when I take them to the mountain I make it worth every single penny.


Rio de Janeiro has a lot of hills, and it is very easy to see the city visiting every mountain...The Sugar Loaf, Pão de Açucar as we say is a chance you have to understand the city in a closer perspective. The mountain stands right in front of the entrance of Guanabara Bay, the other side is the impressive military fort of Santa Cruz.

During the Summer I would say that the Sugar Loaf is one of the most interesting spot for sunset. BUT NOT THE BEST!




In that day I was also guiding another group of british people and I decided to give them a little happy, I used the british shirt, it is part of my collection...YES I COLLECT T-SHIRTS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES, you know, those souvenir t-shirts, heheheh : )))))

Bal took this picture which I love very much...the Pão de Açucar is one of our most beautiful attractions and I am very happy to take people there!


I am sure that Bal carries Rio de Janeiro in the heart and she will bring more wonderful people from India, no matter where they live!

Rafael Torres Lopes

Tour Guide and Travel Planner

donrafainrio@yahoo.es

No comments: