Menu

Monday, October 19, 2009

THE ANGEL FAMILY FROM MICHIGAN





THEY ARE MY HOLY PEOPLE!!!! Mary, the Mama, wrote to me not a long time ago telling that her family was interested to have a complete full day in the only day they had in Rio. Well, one day in Rio is never enough time to know all over the city, but I can make it complete and they were so kind in the emails that I was really in the mood to show the best of our city this monday!!!!
Mary, the Mama, Lisa, the daughter, Ralph, the BOSS and the Papa, and Aaron, the Son were ready to see our city. My personal task was convincing all the family to start thinking about a second visit to Rio!!!!
We went to see what people hardly see when they go to the famous mountain Sugar Loaf, we visited the surrounding of the mountain, we started at Vermelha Beach and we headed to the trail of Claudio Coutinho, and a very cheerful toucan just gave us the honors:
You can view the toucan at YOUTUBE (my best friend in my work):
We also saw many birds including the Brazilian Tanager which has a firing red color and the robin, we could give some bananas to the squarrel monkeys and we had such a pleasant walk.
Then we headed to the city center, we say the very old monastery of São Bento dated 1576 and we walked around the main old buildings at Downtown, such as the magnificent Candelaria Church, and we went to the narrow streets of Telles until reaching the royal palace where the portuguese kings lived in 1808.
After visiting the churches, we saw 4 angels as you can see in the picture!!!!
ANGEL RALPH
ANGEL AARON
ANGEL MARY (Holy as well...)
ANGEL LISA
Time goes fast when we are having a good time, so we realized we did not have time to go to Niteroi, but you know me fairly well, and I never give up the struggle, and I decided to take them to see the charming neighborhood of Santa Tereza which its lovely portuguese houses and green hilly streets, and through the forest we visited the view point of Dona Marta and we finished our tour in the misty of the Christ....
OUR DAY WERE MORE THAN A GOOD DAY, IT WAS A SACRED DAY...LITERALLY!!!!!!
But I want my Michigan family to know that I am honored to have met you and so grateful to make my work sooooo special!!!!
LOTS OF LOVE TO ALL OF YOU
Rafael Torres Lopes
Tour Guide and Travel Planner


No comments: