Menu

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

YES!!!! WE DO HAVE ALLIGATORS!!! :)

The wetlands of Marapendi is for sure such a pleasant surprise for every guest that I welcome in Rio, for about almost two years I have taken people to see what very few people can visit when they come to our city. I know the region quite well and without the great help of my friend and boatman Laerte I would never be able to show to the World such a wonderful place where you experience a completely different life style in Rio and also one of the very rare place where you can really spot wild life in Rio!!!
And TODAY, May 18, 2009...We finally found the aligator, it was a baby alligator, we were expecting to meet the MOTHER, but I think she was very shy hidden within the mangrove roots!!!
Many birds...like so many different species of heruns, and now the ROYAL GREY HERUN...we can see alligators.
Marapendi is still a very local place, no tourists go there and that makes the place a real fantastic spot to be visited!!!
Surely I can take you there!!! :) My friends from Munich, Germany Michel and Leo were with me in this important discovery!
ALL THE BEST AND HAPPY TRAVELS,
Rafael Torres Lopes



No comments: