Menu

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

AN EXPLOSION OF WILDLIFE IN RIO



According to my friends who are the boatmen that take us for a ride in this unique paradise of Rio, I am the only tour guide which take foreign people to the wetlands of Marapendi, now I am sure that after so many things that I write about my favorite place in Rio, I will not be the only one!!! hahahahah :)
It is okay, I just want my guests to know that I am very keen on very unique places where you can experience many different interesting sides of Rio de Janeiro!
There is a place where you can spot many birds because Marapendi despite of the local population, still holds a great fish sactuary in such an impressive chain of canals and mangrove vegetation in this incredible area in the west side of the city!
The region has seven islands where we can explore using a local boat that people use to commute with the main land.
Thanks to my friends Laerte and Carlos, I have been promoting such a fantastic surprise in any trip to Rio de Janeiro.
Today I went there with my friends and guests Jon and Will and for the second time I registered the Alligator, and for the first time I could photograph, the SPOONSBILL!!!
Interesting bird that migrate from Florida every year...They get this pink color because they eat a sort of crab.
THIS PLACE SHOULD BE A MUST IN EVERY TRIP TO RIO!!!!






No comments: