Menu

Saturday, April 4, 2009

EVERLASTING LOVE


USA always gave me many reasons to love that country. Not only my wonderful guests this land granted me, but many american symbols inspired my life. Since the very beggining...coming from the time of George Gershwin and his brother Ira, we cannot forget masterpieces like "They Can't Take That Away From Me"; then Cole Porter with incredible songs like "Begin the Beguine"; "I concentrate on you"; "I love Paris"; "You are Sensational"...then some years later songs from Billy Holiday made me thing that american culture is deep and rich; and today Frank Sinatra (now he is singing in Heavens and God and all the saints must be having a real blast!) and Tony Bennet keeps on saying they are very present in my life; and thanks to the modern days a real queen came by to rule my life!!!
AND I HAVE TO MENTION MY WELL KNOWN ADMIRATION FOR SUCH A DEAR DUCK CALLED DONALD AND A FANTASTIC CAT CALLED GARFIELD!!!!
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...HER NAME IS TINA TURNER!!!!! : - )))))))))
She came from a little town in the interior of Tennesse...Many american people I know never heard about this tiny little place called NUTBUSH...oh well, she has a song about it!!!
I always say that I KISS THE GROUND SHE STEPS ON!!!! In my english way to express so much love and so much adoration for this example of life and this TORNADO in form of a woman!!!
I saw her for the very first time in Buenos Aires, Argentina, then I took a bus in Rio and after almost 3 days I got to the city, went to the concert, spent the night in a friend's house, and in the next day I took the bus back to São Paulo and went straight to the stadium and WOW...WHAT A SHOW!!!!
And finally, here in Rio, in her rehearsal in our most famous soccer Stadium at Maracanã, she walked into the public (and I was there) and I shouted with all my throat: TINA I LOVE YOU...she turned back and blinked her eyes...and poor and little Rafael almost had a heart attack!!! Then I went to the show in Rio, biggest audience of all times in our stadium, simply 223.000 people...it was such an orgastic concert!!!
Years later, walking alone at Gran Via, in Madrid, I saw a sign in a bus office and I read that she was in Spain, and Barcelona was part of her tour...I DID NOT THINK TWICE, I took a bus and went to Barcelona just to see her!!!
After over 20 years of I am still happy to listen to her songs and I am so happy that she is still on the road, right now she must be on the road in Europe...and HOLY COW, NO MONEY TO GO THERE....
MANY OF HER SONGS ARE MY LIFE'S ORIENTATION such as "Break Every Rule", Let's Stay Together", Whatever you want" and SIMPLY THE BEST.
She is indeed better than all the rest....
And once I was in Buzios, showing one of my favorite beach places, to La Rae and her family and I come across with that tribute to my QUEEN!!! I could not resist and Marcone took the shot and I am glad to turn it public...MY LOVE FOR THIS INCREDIBLE PERSON CALLED TINA TURNER!!!
And if by chance you know her in person...do not hesitate to introduce her to me!!! She will know by myself that she is one of the most spectacular person in the World!

No comments: