Menu

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

WORDS FROM MY MALTESE FAMILY





I just returned from my 2nd time in Brasil and was feeling saudade already and decided to read some Brasil related posts to compensate when I found this thread! I just couldn't not comment.

3 years ago my wife and I along with 6 friends visited Brasil and spent 10 days in Rio. I had hired Rafael to be our guide and when I say that he was impeccable it would be an understatement. Neither myself nor my friends are the type of travellers that require / like to have guides when travelling but Rafa's truly 1 of a kind.

His approach is different and the locations we visited when with him would simply not have been possible on your own. His knowledge does not stop at pointing out places to see but also places to eat, drink etc. For the first few days you might think Rafa's doing just a good job and giving you extra value for your money but then you realise that what Rafa does he does from the heart because he loves his work and his clients.

I cannot forget when we were going to spend our last night at the airport because of precarious flight schedules and Rafa packed us in his car and took us all to his mum's apartment (back then it was in Niteroi) to spend the night! Anyway, to cut a long story short Rafa remained in our hearts and we kept in touch.

This year, my wife and I visited again and spent another week in Rio. Rafael met us almost every evening, we did great stuff together, drove to far away places that couldnt have been possible without him, accessed exclusive places and more importantly he truly made us feel we have family in Rio. If I had to list all the right reasons for us to fall in love with Rafael some might think I'm exxagerating and maybe that he actually made me write this post but I just couldnt close this thread without lending my own lines.

Rafael truly makes your Brasil trip complete and you should definatly hire him as your guide because you will see Brasil from a different perspective... you will not be a gringo with Rafa.

John Paul (La Valetta - Malta)

FOR THE RECORD, MY GREAT FAMILY IN MALTA, THE MASTERS OF THE ISLAND, JOHN PAUL AND MARIE GAVE ME A PRESENT THAT I WILL NEVER FORGET...A MAGNIFICENT WOODEN CAT FROM ASIA!!! FOR THE ONES WHO LOVE CATS THIS COULD NOT BE MORE INCREDIBLE...THANK YOU FOR THE WORDS, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR CARE AND YOU CAN REST ASSURE THAT ALL PEOPLE COMING FROM MATAL WILL HAVE MY EXTRA LOVE!!! I AM VERY GRATEFUL TO WONDERFUL PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!! GRAZZI HAFNA!!! :)))))

IMMISSJAJTEK HAFNA!!!!!!!!!!!!
RAFAEL TORRES LOPES



No comments: