Menu

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

WHEN I MEET CANADIANS



When I meet canadians in my tours is like being with very distant and dear distant relatives..In a way..it is more or less that you feel when you stay at Marta’s guest house when I always say that going to Marta’s place is like VISITING A VERY RICH RELATIVE!!!!

I am very related to Canada as much as I am related to Marta, my sweet brazilian friend and great name in the tourism business in our Rio de Janeiro!!!

But the topic today is not really Marta…what I want to report is the greatest friendship and special relations that I have with Canada!!!

This country has a lot of participation of my life, when I became a popular tour guide it was exactly after I went to Canada to promote my tours thanks for the help of a very good friend of mine in Montreal, Pierre Vezina!!!

But the Canadians rarely come to Rio…(now I count with the help of so many canadian friends to make Rio, a popular destination!!!!) I was very lucky to welcome Melissa and Aly. They live in Toronto and they came to Rio to have a great time and celebrate their everlasting love in Carioca’s land!!! My mission was providing the best of Rio in JUST ONE DAY!!!

I was really lucky to be with them because the have adventurous spirit and big curiosity to see new things, to be updated with local life and they really know what they want when visiting a foreign country. Avoiding as much as possible the touristy places and dive deeply in the so diverso local culture. That is why they bravely went to Buzios by themselves using PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION!!! And this brave couple are now experience the best of Salvador in Bahia!!!!

Actually we had fun!!! :) We went to the Christ and we could explore the biggest urban forest in the world, TIJUCA FOREST!

Very few people know, but the Statue of the Christ is located in this magnificent National park…So many wilderness, peace and adventure in this enormous green area make us very proud to be Brazilians!

And I am even happier to welcome so many wonderful people from Canada!

I will have more Canadian guests to come and I am very happy to be here and make this enormous Brazil their warmest home outside of Canada!!!

MELISSA AND ALY, THANK YOU FOR BEING SO SPECIAL

AND CANADA….THANK YOU FOR BEING SO SPECIAL IN MY LIFE!!!

LONG LIFE TO CANADA!!!!

Rafael Torres Lopes
donrafainrio@yahoo.es



No comments: