Menu

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

RAFA'S TOUGH LIFE


I have seven years working as a tour guide and believe me I really do that for a living. Most of my friends call me to invite for their parties, for a short holiday trip in a nearby place and I always say I am busy, and they do not believe me because every time I answer...

"WELL, I CAN'T BECAUSE I AM IN BUZIOS"
"OHHH CALL ME LATER BECAUSE I AM AT THE SUGAR LOAF"

"NOT NOW, I AM IN ILHA GRANDE ISLAND"
"OH DEAR, I CANNOT GO WITH YOU BECAUSE NEXT WEEK I HAVE TO GO TO VENEZUELA"

"UNFORTUNATELY I AM VERY BUSY RIGHT NOW, I AM IN A BOAT IN BUZIOS"

Not everyone has the most interesting places in South America as Working Offices, hehehe :)))))

I admit it is hard to say you are busy and not available when they find out you are in such grat places while when they are busy and not available that are stuck on tight four walls in front of a computer and all surrounded with papers...

THAT'S IS LIFE!!! WHAT CAN I DO?????

Most of my guests when I take them to the Christ, on the top of Corcovado Mountain, they ask me, how many times I go there...with sa smile in my face I usually say: COUNTLESS!!!

They might think I am tired to go there and it is hard to believe when I say "no", all the time I go there I am going with different people with incredible life stories to tell, all the time I go there I see also different people (int he main stairs of the Christ is my highlight, because I am sure you can see in many pictures of this Planet! hahahahha and also, when you reach the top of that mountain everyone realizes (inclusing me!) how magic Rio de Janeiro is.

And I am starting to get popular in that Rio's most famous landmark because all the time I go there I HAVE TO LIE ON THE FLOOR, but you should see the result of this specific picture!!! YES IT IS HARD TO BE A TOUR GUIDE, HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for all the confidence that people have in me, I have been getting busier, and I always get desparate when I do not reply my emails so quickly...

One of my guests from USA, Maxine, that I am organizing their tours once wrote:

"
The fact that you are so busy and you are so responsive is a clear indication that you are a sensational guide!"

It means alot to me that her simple words really shows me I am in the right way. I will always put a lot of passion in my work! I will always show to everyone I welcome here that I am more than a guide, they have to be sure that they are with a friend getting to know the real soul of my land!

Rafael Torres Lopes (DONRAFA)
Tour Guide

donrafainrio@yahoo.es

No comments: