Menu

Sunday, June 3, 2018

ABOUT SAMBA AND I FINALLY UPDATE MY DEAR BLOG :) GOOD FOR THE READERS


Yes, dear reader, a long time no talk...ooops, I mean, no writa...but I am back to pay a tribute to our proud culture called SAMBA and we have one of the big symbols of Samba, a wonderful person, so diverse in his talents and the great representative of the Brazilian Culture, MR. Martinho da Vila. He is so important to us that when we think about Samba, we immediately have Martinho in our minds. 

Martinho is a poet, a songwriter and excellent musician, the ambassador of so many African rhythms, the one responsible to make Brazil and the Portuguese Africa so united, thanks to him we love the culture of Angola, Guine, Cape Vert and so many others.

Images are stronger than words in this case, check this youtube video below





Samba is in our heart since we are babies, it is part of our BRASILIDADE, as I love saying. We can translate brasilidade as "identity". Samba is known around the World as a symbol of Brazil and the soul of our Carnaval. I would say Samba is the icon of my identity, not only mine but of all the Brazilians. Samba became a UNESCO Heritage of Humanity, its roots came from Angola and Congo, and the slaves brought it to perform some religious rituals and soon it became a big influence in the country. 



Right now in Rio at the MAR, Rio's Art Museum, there is an exhibition about Samba, telling us the very beginning of Samba in Brazil until nowadays, when you come to Rio we should add this event in our agenda because you learn about our culture, folklore and so many wonderful traditions. Samba is for us what Jazz is to New Orleans, or Blues to Chicago, it is as important as Tango to Argentina. And I had the chance to meet the masters, one of them is Paulinho da Viola who generously enriches my knowledge explaining some important moments of our music cultural, I heard inside stories which I am so grateful. Here below you can see Paulinho performing:



No doubt Paulinho is the lively voice of Samba and has its place of our genius galleries such as Clementina de Jesus, Zeketi, Cartola, Dona Ivone Lara, and still alive masters of Samba as Martinho da Vila, Beth de Carvalho, Zeca Pagodinho, Martinalia, Ana Costa, Tereza Cristina



I am a big fan of Brazilian Music, and of course, I have to be where the music is, and she is one of the newest and most talented voices of Samba, Ana Costa, she has a DVD Album called Pelos Caminhos do Som that means INTO THE SOUND'S PATH...and it is a fascinating journey from the deep Brazilian rhythms to the drums of Africa...so inspiring, so profound and full of love. Ana is always open to introduce our BRAZILIAN MUSIC to all over the World, so if you are reading thus humble blog, please contact us and we will find a way to take with us so many BRAZILIAN MAGIC to your country, she had performed in Africa, Barbados, Cuba and so many other countries, and I want your country to enjoy her samba and let's organize a huge BRAZILIAN PARTY. 

Here I am sharing her complete concert below:





Brazilian Carnaval is contagious, and you know me...LET'S PARTY!!! hahahahah, it is a honor to defend our culture wherever I go in the World and welcome my guests introducing our joy, our open hearts, when you visit Rio, it is not only a visit, it is diving into the soul of Rio de Janeiro, the picture translates my love for BRAZIL and deep pride of all my friends, Ana, Cacá, Marcone, Thamires, my adorable folks that I love, and my gratitude to belong to this "continent" named Brazil.

RAFAEL TORRES LOPES
Tour Guide and Travel Planer
brazilrafario@gmail.com

No comments: