Menu

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

BACK TO MY BLOG - SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG TIME WITHOUT NEWS - RAFA THE TOUR GUIDE AND RAFA YOUR FRIEND

It is almost August...June and July were absolutely crazy for me, so I could not sit down, concentrate and tell you my stories, sharing with you my feelings and ideas. I was just working and touring like crazy in Rio and also outside Rio. I have met so many incredible people, I have made new friends thank to this sweet profession called Tour Guide and this business called travelling...I am back, same informal way, same myself...




YES...I was part of the dream...we had the privilege to host the World Cup and we had the illusion that we would win in our own home. I have always been a football fan...not fanatic but my National Team was brought happiness to us...since 1958 in Sweden when Garrincha fascinated the World with his crazy and magical legs that always search for the goals and terrified goalkeepers from all over the World, passing through the time when Pele became a king when we won in Mexico, 1970 until our 5th and last Championship in Korea and Japan 2002 with the great inspiration of the two Ronaldos..the Fenomeno and Gaucho....And 2014 our great chance, and even better, winning the World Cup in our own country.


The pressure was big..the expectaction was enormous...Rio and many other cities of Brazil became the centre of the World..the whole country was united for the big dream; it seems that we fans were confident but our players were not so inspired...We went to many parties to watch the games...all the games. Big giants were on the line, also searching for the big dream...beating Brazil in Brazil's land...and the giants guaranteed their place in the final path...Holland, Brazil, Argentina and Germany....

THE WORLD CUP GAVE ME GREAT FRIENDS....


COLOMBIA: Colombia played "fino"...the colombians came to Brazil massively and I was chosen by a fantastic family from Medellin and Cali to make Rio easy and funny for them. Historically I have always been crazy about Colombia...the people, the music. the places and the colombian culture...So i was blessed to welcome my friends FOR LIFE, Dalia, Rodrigo, Natty, Carlos and Daniel and we had fun. We are latins, so we do not have protocols...it was a open heart adventurous days; to my colombian family just two sentences: YO LOS QUIERO MUCHO Y MUCHAS GRACIAS!






UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - Wow during the World Cup my American family increased a lot...Oklahome with my sweet couple Jeff and Sarah; the San Diego Barbosa family that I love so much; my cousins from Connecticut, Lynn, Stephen and the little Anna and Robert...Wafa, Kevin, Veronica and Dario from delightful Chicago that came here with all their joy...I am so grateful, so happy to have so many quality people in my life and USA was gave me wonderful people.

Many people from many countries also came, we became friends forever and we are all still in touch and I am honored to welcome and show to all people the best of Rio. 

The World Cup was extremely generous to me!

Rafael Torres Lopes
Tour Guide and Travel Planner