Menu

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

WHEN WINTER STARTS IT IS TIME TO COME TO BRAZIL!!!

No no no, this is not the wrong blog!!!! It is a blog where you will learn about Rio and Brazil, but it is also a blog where I share with you my impressions about everything. This is the space I have to make you finding out more about myself!!!

This posting is just to let you know that there is a light in the end of the tunnel....when you have to wake up early and go to work in a freezing morning, you can think that very soon you will be baking under our sun, you will see people walking around in our ocean promenade enjoying our summer!!!

WINTER IN THE NORTH HEMISPHERE - SUMMER IN THE SOUTH HEMISTHERE!!!

So what are you doing???? COME TO RIO AND RAFA WILL WELCOME YOU WITH WIDE OPEN ARMS!!!
I always remember my sweet winter adventure in Canada! :) It made me realize that people need a escape when ice, snow and severe cold start knocking our door....When I was there I did picture myself swimming in one of our tropical paradises like this wonderful spot in Paraiba State called BAIA DA TRAIÇÃO where the dutch set foot for the first time in the 1500s...The place is still there, completely untouched, where life is simple, where you can steps on grains of sand, but listening the same sound of steping on snow like I was doing in Montreal, Canada.


Going to Quebec by boat and sailing around the island of Florianopolis in Santa Catarina State gave me the same pleasure. I love water and when I was missing my time in Rio I just took any ice breaker under a severe cold temperatures, but I did not care, I always love to feel fresh air around me and this is something you can do a lot in Canada during winter!!!
Whetever I am I love enjoying life and share great moments of my life to all people and friends.

On the road always....My work allows me to do things that I really love...In my way to the Laurentides and also in my way to Lençois Maranhenses, everything is fun and joy!!! But it is time to you to come to Brazil to enjoy our Summer!

Me and the animals, I love all kind...deers were a constant presence in every place I went in Canada. And Yes....lots to do in the winter, if you do not get out of your house, you get depressed, so when the sun is out...we have to take advantage of the beautiful surroundings!


Exchanging the cold weather to beautiful beaches in Niteroi...It is a good treat. And Niteroi, maybe you do not know that, it is one of the precious surprises in your trip to Rio!!! I lived 20 years in Niteroi and I really know what I am talking about!!!
This wonderful scenery is in Niteroi, the name of this paradise???? ITACOATIARA!!!


Polar Bears in Canada...wild bulls in the Amazon...In Saint Felicien way north of Quebec Province you can learn a lot about canadian fauna and you cad be in touch with different animals like POLAR BEARS, WOLVES, LYNXS, BISONS, MOOSES...and when you explore the Amazon, to be more specific in the island of Marajó, huge island in the middle of Amazon River, you come across with WILL BUFFALOS which is the main working tool for farms in the savannah...Lots of clothes in Saint Felicien and nearly naked in the Amazon...I love this contrasts and you should also experience it.



Waterfalls are another great passion, no matter if the Falls are frozen just like in Mont Morency close to Quebec City or in the middle of the jungle in Carolina Location in the Amazon in Maranhão. Water is necessary to my life, and in our summer you can visit so many rivers and different kind of Falls.



Driving in Canada was fun...I made several stops just to step on snow and see the white mountains...so great, you can really experience the Winter but it is good for adventurous brazilians like me...You should take a break of the cold weather and discover more about Brazil. Every State of Brazil and specially in Rio de Janeiro, I will always be here for you.
IN RIO DE JANEIRO YOU DO HAVE A FRIEND!!!!
Rafael Torres Lopes
Tour Guide and Travel Planner

No comments: