Menu

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

THE NEW TRIP TO MARANHAO - ALSO A FANTASTIC DESTINATION FOR YOU!!! :)

Glad to be back to this wonderful land, a land that all my traveller friends hardly know, a land that I am working hard to promote as one of the most fantastic destination of Brazil.

MARANHAO IS A LAND OF ENDLESS WILDERNESS WITH SO MANY INCREDIBLE SECRETS FOR YOU TO FIND OUT, AND OF COURSE I AM HERE TO SHARE WITH YOU SO MANY FASCINATING SURPRISES THAT MARANHAO CAN OFFER.

Maranhão is an amazing destination in Brazil, people from other countries may not have heard about it, but this is where I start my Amazon Tours offering incredible places in the ocean, in the countryside, jungle and many great things to do.

Maranhao is one of the States of NorthEast region, a region where the famous Recife, Salvador and Fortaleza are located. It means when you think about Brazil you will always think about Rio, but when you are at least a smart traveller these destinations will be named...but you will be a UNIQUE TRAVELLER when you think about Sao Luis...THE CAPITAL OF MARANHAO.


São Luis will be the city of the future, it is amazing the residencial buildings they are constructing here, and they deserve it, the State is Modern and it is filled with incredible natural beauties, full of nature and full of business!!!

I am proud of Maranhão!!! :)


Maranhao has no Copacabana, Maranhao has no Iguazu Falls...The only name that you must have heard that can be found in Maranhao is for sure AMAZONIA, because getting closer to the limits of Para States, part of its territories really reaches the Amazon Region which also can give us great surprises. but for the traveller who recently steps on the incredible lands of Maranhao, he or she will come across with names hard to memorize, and very exotic names like TAPUTIU, RAPOSA, BACANGA...


Places with spectacular sand dune beaches, endless mongrove roads and little jungles close to the capital city. Surprises are countless in Maranhao and I hope I could help all my friends to explore more and more of this lovely State.

MARANHAO HAS A LARGE VARIETY OF WILDERNESS, places that not even the locals have any idea that they exist, places where wild animals can be spotted everywhere, places that not even the television had reached. It is a great cvhance that we have to know more about brazilian coulture.

MARANHAO HAS EXOTIC BEACHES, LARGE WETLANDS AND INCREDIBLE AMAZON JUNGLES...

Not to mention, but the State has the largest DELTA in the World: PARNAIBA DELTA...Leaving behind the enourmous delta of the Nile and the Mississipi.



Maranhao is a personal destination for me, there I have fantastic friends and I am in love with the local traditions and all the environment of such a free State. They call themselves as the MIDDLE NORTH...Not exactly northeast, not exactly north...MARANHAO HAS ITS UNIQUE PERSONALITY...

It also takes an important part of our portuguese language, the portuguese spoken there is said to be the closest to our mother language in Portugal. They really speak in a soft and clear way, and they are more efficient with grammar.

YOU SHOULD COME AND SEE...Maranhao is my opinion is a awaken dream!



Here I have many different new destinations for us to explore, it is my favourite gateway to the glorious Amazon, but not only the rain forest. The dunes of Lençois Maranhenses...the very long coast line dictated by the movement of tides (as impressive as the tides in Europe, like France or England), so many long rivers with stunning wild life.
For photography lovers as you can see in the photos taken in OlhoD'Agua by Calhau beach. this is a real SHANGRILAH...
The nature is a great friend for Maranhao....Here in this spectacular state I have my work, I have my family, my wonderful friends and it is one of the most beautiful states of my UNFORGETTABLE BRAZIL.
Rafael Torres Lopes
Tour Guide and Travel Planner

1 comment:

Tawnie Moore said...

Hi Rafa,
I stumbled across your blog, which I am now a follower of.
I am looking to travel to Rio in the month of Oct this year, and would love to see if you were available and what your schedule is like, pricing, ect...
Please feel free to email me back with any info at all.
Thanks,
Tawnie