Menu

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

NORTHERN PARTNERS - GREAT FRIENDS THAT YOU CAN COUNT WITH
















I always think that I am a very happy person, happy for my family, happy for my friends, happy for my work and happy for my life. And everybody knows that all guests I welcome they become good friends of mine because I love dealing with people. I would say I am a "PEOPLE PERSON" and one of the biggest joy in my life is striving for my visitor's happiness no matter where they are in Brazil.
Karen, Paul, Gordon, Fran, Alex and Mavis, came to me thanks for the so kind recommendation of Marta, my good friend who owns a penthouse in Rio, and that penthouse is a GUEST HOUSE. You can check more about it at www.rioguesthouse.com
But much more than guests they quickly became my CANADIAN FAMILY...And you know, family we protect and we do care about everyone, and once my family is in Brazil I want them to experience the real taste of our daily life, the real things if our beautiful and fascinating simple life with breathtaking views, with spectacular places and just real people; and thanks to my work I found out that I am a guide not only for Rio, but I am a real PR for my whole country and I guide and intensively work in other places of the country too.
I noticed that many cruiseline ships come to our coast every Summer, ad one of the main ports (or destinations) is in Recife; interesting capital of one of the most traditional States of Brazil, Pernambuco which I visited so many times since I started this endless curiosity about my own country. Recife is such a lovely city, full of Canals (that made the city been famous for being the BRAZILIAN VENICE...SO THEY SAY), full of music and with fantastic beaches nearby such as Peroba, Calhetas, Maracaipe, Serrambi, Itamaracá and the real sophisticated resort of Porto de Galinhas, in few words..the ocean decided to grant to Pernambuco such a bewildering coast and one PRICELESS ISLAND...the magnificent Fernando de Noronha...and not only this which I noticed, Recife is next door to one of the most important historical jewels of Brazil, the charming old village of OLINDA!!!!
Among very important and oldest cities in Brazil such as Paraty, Ouro Preto, Mariana, Tiradentes, Diamantina, Trancoso, São Cristovão and São Luis in Maranhão. Olinda is for sure a place that every foreign or brazilian visitor has to go once in life. Its churches, its narrow streets, colorful people and its hilly alleys. Every little corner a new landscape to fill your eyes with joy and beauty.
OLINDA comes from the expression OHHH IT IS BEAUTIFUL...Indeed the city is....A very portuguese village with some dutch touch. From Olinda, the dutch went to North America ins earch for a new land to settle, and they found NEW AMSTERDAN, which nowadays we know exactly what it is! : )))))))
Well, nothing would be possible in Olinda without my friend Graça and her guide Arnaldo, an excellent expertise about his own land, and the best of all, he speaks good English. these people are there for me to make you find out even more about this new land!!!!
They both make Pernambuco such a special place for anyone!
THANKS GRAÇA TO TAKE CARE OF MY CANADIAN FAMILY AND THANKS ARNALDO TO MAKE PARNAMBUCO A PLACE EASIER TO BE UNDERSTOOD AND WELL EXPLORED!!!!
My guests are travellers and thanks to my work and friends like Graça and Arnaldo, they becomes real explorers of a fascinating land called Brazil!!!

No comments: