Menu

Thursday, September 25, 2008

HISTORICAL GUESTS - MY FIRST GUESTS FROM WALES!!!








Menna and Glyn made history in my tour guide career!!! They were my first welsh guests and of course I am honored to have now good friends in Wales!!! And I hope I can have even more welsh guests...surely Menna and Glyn will take care of my promotion in welsh lands!!!
We had enough time to explore Rio properly so we could see all over Rio, specially the Christ which was Menna's greatest wish and the forest and we had also a blast in Niteroi, visiting very unique places in the city, places where you will find just locals enjoying the city.
They stayed in Lapa and it was easy for us to explore the old houses of Santa Tereza. We also had a great time in our Botanic Gardens which is part of the Tijuca National Park.
At night we did what many tourists never do when they come to Rio, we went to the suburbs and we visited the huge FEIRA DO NORDESTE, a very local fair with a lot of interesting stores and lots of music, and surely, amazing food. ALL BRAZILIAN!!!
We danced, we laughed and we had the best!
Menna is such a sweet person and Glyn a wonderful bloke, very down to earth who appreciate simple things with great quality...so I just showed the informal way of Rio and I am sure my great couple friends will come back here one day!!!
I was so fortunate to be with them that they brought me ANOTHER welsh guest...Mark who happens to be my SECOND WELSH GUESTS who came to Rio for business with his friend from Bristol, Richard, another very bnice fellow from our old and good England!
AND WE ALL WEN T TO THE STADIUM TO SEE FLUMINENSE AGAINST CORITIBA....
Fluminense owned the house but lost for the supporters dispair!!!! But we had such a ball at the most famous football stadium in SOUTH AMERICA, the MARACANÃ STADIUM!!!
I am happy that people can read about me in Wales, in the two Irelands, Scotland and also England!!! I wish one day people from the ISLE OF MAN could also write to me for some guidance in South America, I would be really happy!!!
BUT THANKS MENNA AND GLYN FOR YOUR GENEROSITY, FRIENDSHIP AND CONFIDENCE AND BE SURE THAT WHEN YOU LEFT BRAZIL, YOU LEFT A LIFE TIME FRIEND!!!!
LONG LIFE TO WALES!!!!!

No comments: