Menu

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

BACK TO RIO - SELARON ON FACEBOOK WITH RAFA

Well, we finally convinced Selaron to have a Facebook page...It is official now...SELARON, THE ONE WHO MADE THE FUNNIEST AND CRAZIEST STAIRS IN RIO HAS A FACEBOOK PROFILE. No, he hardly sit in front of a computer, so Cesar hbis assistant and myself, we take care of his page and he will know everything that people write to him through his page!!!

YOU CAN FRIEND HIM - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100002466374139

There's been years that I keep on visiting the stairs...First because I am a big fan of Santa Tereza and I am crazy for Lapa. And suddenly I noticed a different stairs and some one placing the tyles there...I could never imagine it would become one of the Rio's attractions. Then of course I met Selaron and I told him that I am a big admirer of his work and wow, I am a Tour Guide, I am supposed to show what's going on in Rio...so I started taking my guests to see this MASTERPIECE - A ESCADARIA DO SELARON!!!


I am almost sure that the stairs is for Selaron an intelectual orgasm!!! He lives for this stair and he lives for his art and his art is priceless!!! He changed the whole neighborhood...everyone in Santa Tereza knows him, everyone in Lapa knows him and now...no doubt about it...The Whole World knows him.


He is a simple man with enormous heart!!! He is a friend of everyone and I am his friend!!!





Actually all the time I visit the stairs I found something new...my favorite tyles are the owl from Mexico and the tyle from Iraq. I love seeing people's reaction when they come across with this huge place. I really love to go there and take lots of pictures!



One of the advantages of being Selaron's friend and a photographer (amateur of course!) is that you can photograph this lovely character in such a weird and nonsense positions!!! And this is a privilege for few people!!! :)))))



So I will continue visiting the Stairs, I will continue taking all my guests to this wonderful man's creation...YES ONE MAN CREATION...Selaron made it...Rio has to keep this God's Gift. Rio has Copacabana, Rio has one huge and magnificent forest, Rio has the Christ, the Sugar Loaf. Rio HAS RAFA...But the city also has a treasure...ESCADARIA DE SELARON.


Rafael Torres Lopes

Tour Guide and Travel Planner


A Selaron's Friend


REMINDER: BUYING SELARON'S ART WILL BE A WAY TO HELP THE CONSERVATION OF THE STAIRS...FORGET ABOUT GOVERNMENT'S HELP...WE, SELARON'S SUPPORTERS MUST HELP HIM TO CONTINUE HIS INCREDIBLE WORK!!!

No comments: