Menu

Sunday, February 7, 2010

VERY IMPORTANT WORDS FROM TORONTO - SUNIL - MY BEST "BRAZILIAN - CANADIAN" FRIEND







Well, all the people from Canada that comes, take back home a strong brazilian feeling. And Brazil is part of their fondest memories!!!
I had the great pleasure to get Sunil's report about his tour in Rio and his experiences getting to know so many special hidden gems in his trip and I am honored to share these words with you:

SUNIL SAYS: Hello Rafa. I want to take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being such a fantastic tour guide and showing me the real Rio through the eyes of a Carioca. You demonstrated all the attributes of a great tour guide – strong communication skills, excellent knowledge, professionalism, a deep passion and love for your beautiful, vibrant city, a wonderful sense of humor and a very happy easy going personality.

What can I say about your city? Words cannot adequately capture the magic and allure of RIO, The itinerary you proposed was perfect and it gave me the opportunity to see not only all the tourist attractions but also many other aspects of Rio that tourists normally would not see on those big crowded coach city tours,

I am now putting together my Rio photo album and reflecting on just how much of Rio you were able to show me in the 3 days I booked with you:

The iconic sites of Corcovado and Sugar Loaf

The world famous beach areas of Copacabana and Ipanema
The Tijuca National Forest where we saw amazing waterfalls and hiking trails – an oasis in the middle of the city where one can get away from the hustle and bustle of RIO and cool off.
The incredible wetlands area of Marapendi with its diverse wildlife and calm serenity.
Some of the finest beaches in and around Rio . I know Copacabana and Ipanema take all the limelight but as we saw there are some incredibly beautiful beaches off the beaten path with gorgeous white sands, turquoise waters and situated in natural settings that one can only dream of.

All the diverse neighborhoods of Rio as we criss-crossed the city in your Rafa-mobile
So many lookout points with absolutely breathtaking views of Rio and the surrounding areas - mountains and densely forested green hills cascading down to meet the white sandy beaches and blue ocean

A walking tour of Old Rio and the famous weekly Saturday morning flea market
The little Portugal community in Niteroi and the small fishing villages which offered a totally different perspective

The stunning views of Rio and the spectacular landscape as seen from the top of the City Park in Niteroi

Feasting on the renowned Brazilian cuisine in the restaurants we visited
The unforgettable night at the Samba House in Lapa where the sounds of the Samba and the Bossa Nova floated into the night sky until the early hours of the next morning
My introduction to your wonderful collection of Samba and other South American music that we listened to in the Rafa-mobile
And many more special moments – way too many to list here but deeply etched in my memory


Needless to say, I was not disappointed with any part of the itinerary. It was worth every penny. I think every tourist should see Rio through the eyes of a guide such as you. I will certainly be recommending you to my circle of family and friends and will be happy to share my experiences with any of your future clients.

Once again thanks for a truly memorable time. I really feel like a CARIOCA now.

Regards
Sunil

No comments: