Menu

Monday, January 11, 2010

FERNANDO BOTERO IS HERE




I am pretty sure that Fernando Botero has visited Rio to feed his inspirations in so many sculptures and paintings that we see in the most important museums in this planet and in so many squares in many different countries!!!


And he was walking here in the Summer when Copacabana is OVER CROWDED!!!!

One sunday I was walking in the beach side and Copacabana has so many funny characters that I could not help registering our people and our local custons and present it to you in form of curious facts, people's behavior and real information of my own land.
But I had to make a comparison and I think I am right....

BOTERO HAS SPENT SOME TIME IN RIO!!!!
By the way, Fernando Botero Angulo (born April 19,1932) is a Colombian figurative artist, self-titled "the most Colombian of Colombian artists". Botero's work includes still-lifes and landscapes, but Botero tends to primarily focus on situational portraiture. His paintings and sculptures are united by their proportionally exaggerated, or "fat" figures, as he once referred to them.
My intention here is not to offend people, I just want to show you some different aspects of this fantastic and so diverse Rio that I want to make it your home!!!
Rafael Torres Lopes
Tour Guide and Travel Planner

No comments: