Menu

Friday, March 13, 2009

A RIO DE JANEIRO THAT FEW PEOPLE KNOW




When I welcome someone in Rio I do not want to make it just a visit, this person has to get to know Rio, its secret, its daily life!!! I want my guests to see Rio BODY AND SOUL, if you know what I mean...

COPACABANA IS SIMPLY A GORGEOUS AND COSMOPOLITAN PLACE, INDEED IT IS ONE OF THE MOST GLAMOROUS PLACE THAT WE HAVE IN THE CITY, EVERYONW WHO COMES TO RIO HAVE HEARD ABOUT COPACABANA.

Rio also reminds the Christ with his open arms and set on the top of a beautiful mountain and from the top you can see all over the city!!! And okay, one more place in your travel list that you just visited!!!

IPANEMA - When you think about beach in Rio, IPANEMA invades your dreams and wishes...well built bodies all around, sunny and summer spirits enjoying the water and the fantastic vibe of one of the most interesting districts in the World...

SUGAR LOAF....Oh yes...beautiful landmark that tells you from everywhere in the Ocean that you are approaching the city...Right in the entrance of a Bay called Guanabara, there it is...majestic and gorgeous inviting you to understand more about the city!!!
These are incredible famous touristic places....

Generally this is what people do....they come to Rio, they stay in Copacabana, they go to the beach in Ipanema, they visit the Christ and they go to the Sugar Loaf, then they take a plane back home and tell to friends: I HAVE BEEN TO RIO

Not really...you are in Rio when you get mixed with people and when you experience how CARIOCAS live!!!

For this reason I really explore the unknown side of Rio, I am always researching about places where I can take you…

AND THEN I REALIZED THAT THE WEST REGION OF RIO SHOULD BE EXPLORED!!!!

THIS PLACE THAT WE CALL ZONA OESTE HAS AMAZING PLACES WHERE JUST THE CARIOCAS HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO ENJOY AND NOW I AM TAKING MY GUEST TO EXPERIENCE ONE SIDE OF RIO THAT FEW PEOPLE KNOW…

This place is MARAPENDI, our wetlands!!! :)

A fantastic complex of lagoons with many islands where people live and commute with the main land in Barra da Tijuca. A place where we can see migrating birds and real wildlife. A place where we can witness daily life in a very unique neighborhood of Rio, full of green, full of mangrove vegetation and full of wildlife.

THE MARAPENDI CHANNELS IS THE UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO SEE REAL RIO DE JANEIRO WITH ITS TRADITION, HABITS AND NATURE.

You can see the change of tides…the ocean tide that makes all the water into sparkling blue color and renew life in this incredible region, and the lagoon tide that makes the water green just like a swamp.

You will meet Laerte, the boat man that takes us to the most exclusive corners of the Lagoons in his BOATBUS. A chance for you to experience our yummy local food in a restaurant in front of the Cannal, the BAR DO CICERO with a great and down to earth atmosphere!

Marapendi is part of my tours, I mostly do the Christ, the Forest and we spend hours exploring the wildlife of Marapendi and then we visit the rest of the city!

Write to me and get more informed about this tour, I will gladly give you all the information!

I am sure that you will be an expert in Rio when you experience my tours!

HAPPY TRAVELS,
Rafael Torres Lopes
donrafainrio@yahoo.es

P.S: Marapendi is part of my tours and also one of the places where I usually go to relax and enjoy the nature with my family. In one of the pictures you can see the QUEEN MOTHER STELLA, Marcone, my immediate tour guide and fabulous friend…which I fully thank both for making my life so intense and interesting!




No comments: